What's Your Fan-ta-ta-sy?



Those are Meryl's feet in skates on Powderhorn Lake.
Rachel joined us this afternoon for a little ice skating,
my first time in skates since I was 8?
I did pretty well, though,
and didn't even fall once.
I haven't seen any of the Olympics so far,
but I'm pretty sure I'll be ready in 4 years.

Dark Dark Dark sang us some songs last night.
They came back to town for just a couple weeks before their big tour.
Right before they played,
Mike Gunther came out and did a Ludacris cover.
On the ukulele.
So good.



Before the heading to the Hexagon to see the show,
a few of us had gone out to dinner to celebrate Meryl receiving a big grant from the Minnesota State Art's Board.
She had applied for the grant way back in June,
but only found out that she got it yesterday.
The funny thing is,
the grant is to go to Japan.
I know we just went, and all,
but here's a pile of money that she can only use for that purpose.
So I guess we're headed back for another visit.
So crazy, going to Japan twice in the same year.
Anyway, a big congrats to her.

2010 is already trying to get ahead of me.