Getting Closer...

I finished my convention banner this morning, I think.
Here it is in an early morning/almost done stage.



Yeah, it's made entirely out of burlap.
I meant to call up Kingpin,
and ask if banners with imagery other than skulls were allowed.
No kidding.
Have you ever been to one of these things?
Skulls everywhere.
Oh, and tattoo machines.
Sometimes tattoo machine and skull morphs.
Or crossed tattoo machines with hot rod flames.
Yeah, yeah.
Or naked ladies riding tattoo machines.
Oh man, I feel like I'm there already.

I'll be sharing a booth with Connecticut's Laura Usowski,
co-owner of Lovecraft Tattoo,
and fellow dead bird lover.
I got some of my absolute favorites all coming to visit,
some of whom aren't even getting tattooed.
I'm pretty sure there's going to be a Sunday morning lighthouse visit,
before I do some more work on this piece.
Vegan brunch and a lighthouse group photo?
Oh man.


After shipping off the convention shirts this morning to the future me,
I got to spend some serious time in the garden.
What's more badass than burlap?
Compost piles, apparently.
Mine fought back when I attacked it with a shovel.
I kept wiping it off,
and it just kept bleeding.
I let it drip into a little baby Swiss Chard plant that
I'm hoping grows up to at least eat some
of the squirrels in the neighborhood.