Solemente tres dias

I didn't have too many expectations for my 3 day visit to Peru.
I figured as long as I got to see some lighthouses and dead birds,
(and didn't completely starve)
it'd be a successful trip.
It was such a strange and short adventure.
Lima is a city dealing only in extremes.
A coastal city that's also a desert.
It is always grey and foggy,
but never rains.
Old building next to new ones,
with Incan ruins right in the middle of the city.
A business hub surrounded by excessive poverty.

Here's the Faro de la Marina Lighthouse in Miraflores,
only blocks from our hotel.
Lighthouse - check.


Miraflores (part of Lima) from the "beach".
We found dead everything down there,
including some birds.
Dead Peruvian birds - check




Adam and I aren't very proficient in Spanish,
but we got by.
And I found a fully vegetarian restaurant that catered to vegans,
so of course I went every day.
Not starving - check

The rest of it was just icing on the cake.
Lots of sexy old government buildings, churches,
museums and ruins.





We did a lot of tours,
by bicycle, van, taxi, walking, etc.
The best, by far, though,
was inside the Church of San Francisco.
There's catacombs under the church,
with the remains of over 25,000 people.
They didn't allow photos,
but here's a link to exactly what we saw.
So dope.

Most of the world resides in the Northern Hemisphere,
so it was exciting to cross the equator.
Thanks to Adam for figuring out the trip,
and inviting me to join him.
Now it's back to work tomorrow.