Never Quiet, Never Soft

Damn, kids.
I'm one tired, happy little dude.
The show went so well.
Why?
Cause my peoples came out and brought the thunder.
Albie Rock and the Cucch flew in from New Hampshire,
Amy and Jaime came from Northampton, MA,
and there was introductions and high fives with my Minnesota folks.
Ryan, Rebecca, Casey, Adam, and Meryl showed up and got busy
with paint, cardboard, duct tape, and power tools.
A billion thanks to them,
without whom there would be no art show.
Especially Ryan.
No kidding.

Thanks to everyone who came to the two days of gallery hours,
and to Adam Hough for the photo taking the first night.
I also stole a photo or two from Molly's blog.

outside the gallery





















amy and jaime in front of the nqns






















the sexy intro/info table,
with so many good cookies made by amy.
(some of them were acorn shaped, of course)






















the big book-shingled birdhouse downstairs





















excuse, guys?
excuse me?
this is the Cucch.
he's EXPERT







this birdhouse-faced guy rocked the southeast corner pretty hard






















dolls and birdhouses














dead bird oil paintings














to the right of the dead birds,
more dolls (89 displayed in total)
and the foresty corner














Rachel the harper.
so good





















burnt up birdhouse
from the spat hot fire





























trumpet-playing donkey



















































































Friday night had an awesome turnout,
where as Saturday was slower, but still steady.
I am going to try and get all the best photos collected,
and I'll do up a little flickr page or something.
(i still haven't seen any photos from saturday)
I will also get real photos of the oil paintings I did.
There's two other animals playing instruments that I didn't get photos of
(not even funky-angled arty shots).
So much fun,
from the set up art-making
to the closing time vegan cheesecake eating.
I don't think I've ever laughed more in a week,
or cut so much cardboard.
Or stuffed my face so hard with food.
I'm not sure how it all really happened,
but it did.

It's all over, now.
The show is taken down,
spackled and painted over,
people are back to their respective time zones,
and it's back to work tomorrow.
Hope everyone had fun.
Stay loud and hard, folks.

never quiet, never soft