Back! (for a limited time)

I survived the whole 2 weeks in Hawaii,
and I escaped almost completely intact.
One of the last days I did a bad cliff jump, though,
and broke my ass right off.
I swear, it still hurts so bad.
I don't even know how it's not black and blue,
but you should feel very fortunate that it's not.
Because friends, this post would be nothing but butt shots it it were.

I have a fear of heights,
but I'm also really competitive,
so when Meryl's sisters were jumping off stuff,
I usually had to do it, too.
We first found Black Rock on the douchebag side of Maui,
and I jumped off that,
but it was pretty easy at 22ft.
Then you swim to shore,
which was also easy, even in Carhartts.




































You thought I was kidding?

Then, a few days later, and on a whole different island,
we went to check out the southernmost part of the United States.
It just so happened that there was some serious cliffs there,
and a few people were jumping off of those, too.
So I videotaped Meryl and her sisters jumping those cliffs,
and then, while they were swimming around below,
I stripped to my boxers and did it, too.
Some terrible fear of being outdone overpowered my terrible fear of heights,
and I jumped 44 feet into an ocean I didn't even want to swim in at all.
So dumb.
But luckily, no one was filming MY jump,
because I must have looked like an idiot when I hit the water in a sitting position.
(and since i was only wearing boxers it was probably NSFW)
Here's a video of Lindsay jumping, instead:



But yeah, I'm back in MPLS now,
but only for another two days.
Crazy packing time.
Then a long drive west,
and settling down for the winter in Grants Pass, Oregon.
I don't think I'd call my Hawaii time relaxing,
but vacation time is officially OVER.