Drifting into a beautiful October


It's been dropping in temperature this week, feeling exactly like October should.
Monday was a day of errands, a lot of which I did on my bike.
Above is a photo looking at MPLS from just north of the city on the Mississippi River.

I did more art at home than at work today.

There's a basket of autumn flowers in our house that reminded me of when we lived on the farm a few years ago. I used to do drawings of the flowers that were always in various stages of decay yet still in vases on the kitchen table. Autumn was the most beautiful there, with tons of pumpkins and mist in the morning and acres of trees changing color and bales of hay.
So tonight, with a 01 micron pen and computer paper, I drew these flowers while listening to a very seasonal selection of music dj'ed by my friend Julie on Olympia Free Radio that I pick up online most Tuesdays.


We had an old friend come out last weekend, we had a fire outside, and Meryl made some amazing cornbread.
In ten days my sister comes for a long weekend.
Visitors in this season are the best.

I've closed the windows.
I'm wearing heavier clothes.
I'm writing more letters.
I'm drinking more tea, but not any less Dr Pepper.