It's all for the story.


There is a page of flash drawn in 1994 on our wall that someone found on it a bubbleheaded skull with a firey atom bursting from it's top.
I didn't know what to do, so I kept it's orignal appeal to him (the skull and atom top) and drew it "my way".
Really.
No one comes to me for this kind of thing.
I know Todd made thousands off of big toothed skulls while I was still in high school, and taking Meryl to the homecoming dance.
I, however, missed that era by a few years, and I can't do it.

I did once almost kinda work for a guy who drew the biggest, goofiest teeth on skulls I've ever seen.
(It was horrible)
I say 'almost kinda' cause he saw me at the Boston Tattoo Convention, didn't remember how bad things went down, wanted to chat, and I don't play nice.
I surround myself with rad people on purpose, there's no room for sucky human beings.
Or their stupid feelings.

But Todd tells me stories of the not-so-old days, doing wonky "new skool" tattoo machine tattoos that had Krylon cans where the coils go. On the f'n neck.
Then he puts Albie Rock's wrench in my back pocket and hands me another Dr Pepper.

In other news, the latest I Want Your Skull just came out, and you can buy it here. It's the one I did this drawing for: