Craft Night

Meryl's teaching a class at the Loft right now mixing poetry and crafts for 9-12 year olds.
Apparently she's preparing them to become adults and work in the real world.
(like me)

I spent my night transforming this years chosen object into a trophy for the Bearded Lady Motorcycle Show.
This Saturday is the 4th annual MPLS motorcycle block party, and every year tattoo shops around the Twin Cities the customize the trophies.

Anyway, this is what we were given this year:


I didn't know how that was much of a beginning for a trophy, but I was pitied by the Tough Guy Motorcycle Gods, and they sent me a sign.



I followed the rainbow to the Joann Fabrics parking lot, and I knew I was in the right place.
As I was getting the supplies I needed, I saw Harley and Davidson buying scrapbooking paper and stickers for their "Sturgis Memories 2008" books.
So cute.
I waved and they winked back.

When I got home Meryl and I did our crafting homework together.

I kept the wheels and the basic frame, but turned the rocket into a koi fish.
I hope all the leather wearing bikers aren't upset that I made it way less phallic.