Crows are big in Japan.



The crows in Japan are Jungle Crows.
They are bigger, meaner, and louder than the crows you have.
After feeding them and taking pictures for the last two weeks,
I see this story on NPR.org.
ooops.
Sorry, Tokyo.
But they are just so dope.
And they really are boss in Tokyo.
But not in Kyoto....



A kettle of hawks?
I saw a swirling bunch of birds from 2 blocks away,
and I knew something was up.
I knew they were bigger than the crows, even.
I've never seen anything like it,
there must have been 20 or so,
and there was even some dive bombing going on.
By the time we got there,
the big deal was mostly over,
and they just circled around for the next 10 minutes.
The crows, however, pretty much stayed put.
They hung out with the ducks and pigeons until the hawks left the scene.
(I don't blame them)

Parts of Kyoto were pretty sexy.
We only had two partial days in the city,
and I'm tiring of being so on the move,
but I really enjoyed that area of Japan.



The Kiyomizu Temple at night.
Click on the link to see it during the day,
built all on stilts (and without nails).



Two more nights in Japan,
and then back to Minneapolis.
I hope you missed me,
and saved me some fried potatoes.