Horiyoshi III Tattoo Museum



Meryl and I decided to leave Tokyo,
and traveled to Yokohama for the Horiyoshi III Tattoo Museum.
We expected a weird little basement filled with tattoo memorabilia,
human oddities, old photos, and stuff for sale,
and that was almost it exactly.
(there wasn't anything for sale)

I know I got some tattoo friends back home who are super jealous and thinking I am undeserving to have visited such a tattoo mecca since I have so little enthusiasm for tattoo history.
But there's a "I (heart) dead birds" sticker on the front of the museum anyway,
and Horiyoshi III's wife told me I was able to sign the tattoo artist guest book,
which happened to be a plastic skull.



I am glad I went to the museum on this trip to Japan, for sure,
because all this stuff might not be around much longer.
None of it is exactly being displayed in any kind of archival manner.



(this antler display is pretty hot)




Ok, so I'm probably an a-hole,
but I wasn't converted.

Luckily, Yokohama also boasts the tallest lighthouse in the world.