Pit firing, part 2.

When I woke up this morning, the fire pit was still really hot.
After a few hours of being awake, I gloved up (with a gross old gardening glove I found) and stuck my hand in the ashes.


Casey woke up and we had ourselves a little archaeological dig.
It was an antler graveyard, full of broken little bits and pieces.


When everything had been dug out and accounted for,
there was 7 whole and in tact antlers.
There's so many variables in the pit firing process, so it's hard to guess what could have been done better.
Probably everything?
Casey thinks if we started with a smaller fire first,
the pieces would have had an easier temperature transition,
and that might have helped.
If you know what's up, email me.


The site of the dig in South Minneapolis.


I have 11 days left till the Art-a-Whirl.
And this isn't an Albie Rock fairy tale, where at the zero hour you find a whole 'nother month.
I have to have all of this done so soon.
There's a few extra pieces that I'm keeping under my hat for now,
but soon enough,
it'll all be done.
Ready or not.