September? C'mon.....

I hate that right now it's late enough at night to technically be September.
But I did do the last day of August proud.

I bought a bunch of plants first thing this morning for the indoors and outdoors, dug some holes and stuck them in the ground.
The outside of my house is finally shaping up,
even though I should be spending my energy on rehabbing the downstairs bathroom before winter comes (or more importantly, my mom's visit in October!)

I gardened under the unflinching stare of this little grasshopper guy.



Meryl and I ate lunch out, then did a 20 mile bike ride to Minnehaha Falls, then on the Minnehaha Parkway bike trail to the Lakes of the Isles, and back to Louderhorn Inn on the Greenway.
It was a beautiful day, and we stopped at the falls, and a few gardens along the way.
Once we got off the Greenway, and were headed back home, I found a fully intact bird nest on the ground.
Of course, I banged it up a little on the way home, but it'll still do for some project or other.
Here it is with two painted eggs (hollow, of course, thanks to Camden and his mom) and stuffed in one of my new houseplants.


When I wake up in a few hours, it'll definitely be September, and back to work for me.
I have emails to return,
and drawings to do,
But I enjoyed today immensely.
Good-bye, August.
It's sad to see you go.