Pyrotechnics in Powderhorn

Man, it's been a minute since Painting Mondays were in effect.
But hopefully they are back on track, now,
after getting re-inspired out at Jeff Gogue's shop last week.
I started this one out there,
and finished(?) it this afternoon.
I used a photo that Meryl had texted me that morning as reference,
which you can see it on the "i love dead birds" blog here.
And if you're into that kind of thing,
check out Zadora's addition today.

Oil 8x8

















Some friends came over for a picnic style dinner tonight,
then we met up with our neighbors,
and walked across the street to the fireworks.
Powderhorn celebrates only the best holidays,
and Powderhorn Park is one of three spots to see fireworks in Minneapolis.
I love this neighborhood.

We brought a few blankets,
enough sparklers to share with everyone,
and had ourselves a time.
Meryl has a fancy new camera,
and snapped some shots of everything.


































I hope everyone had a super loud,
and bright bright bright 4th of July weekend.
Back to work tomorrow,
but it looks like a full week of fun on the books.
Some old awesome clients I haven't seen in a long time came out of hiding,
and new ones appeared out of nowhere.
(sounds so good to me)
I hope they're ready,
I just got filled up with lemonade and blackpowder.