NSFW (if you got a sucky job)

Jill is a champ.
She took a last minute opening on Thursday
(announced on my Facebook page)
and got this pelvic snail and mushroom scene started.
And then, the VERY NEXT DAY,
I had another cancelation,
and she came back in for some coloring.
I think that's awesome.
I don't think I'd ever do it,
but I applaud her badassery.
For real.
(but then again,
I know some of her friends,
so I'm not that surprised)
I can't wait to finish it,
I almost hope I get no-showed tomorrow.

The mushroom on the left is a scarred star cover-up,
as well as incorporating a birthmark





























Somewhere in between snail sessions,
I did this skull and flowers tattoo on a forearm.























After work, I've been heading to MCBA
(Minnesota Center for Book Arts)
to help Meryl with her big art book project.
(Molly has been documenting some of it here and here)
Long days, kids.
It's 2:30am right now,
and we just finished making a plaster cast of her shoulder.
I have to go to work tomorrow,
then back to MCBA.

Do you believe in ghosts?
Sometime after 1am yesterday,
while we were the only people in the building,
we scared ourselves silly.
(tonight all I saw was an ugly little mouse)
But really.
Haunted basements?
The Soapfactory has nothing on MCBA.
If you want to get your Halloween on,
I know Meryl could use some night helpers.