Some things never change at all...


Today as I left for work, I noticed the vines that cover my old fence really changed color in the past day or two.
And their leaves are falling off fast.
Two of them dropped just while I was standing there taking pictures.


Speaking of old, I went to go see "Overkill" tonight.
Not because I like eighties metal, but because my old boss from Turnpike Tattoo is on tour with them.
1980
That's when they formed as a band (and I formed as a fetus).


Here's me and Party Paul


In my head, there's a big pile of pretend things that I have almost no appreciation for, and metal is lumped up in there. Next to WWF wrestling, JRR Tolkien, and anything to do with Star Wars from the last 15 years.

At least with metal and wrestling, there's the understanding (for the most part) that the emperor is, in fact, naked. You can throw devil horns, play air guitar, and there's a sense of being ironical.
Everyone likes pretending they believe in Santa.