A day off ?!?



The Heartless Bastards played at the Varsity Theater on Saturday night, kicking off my first weekend in a month.
I needed that show.
I had been looking forward to it for so long, and got the recharging I went there seeking.

Adam did Seward Cafe with us this morning, before I dropped him off at the airport.
This was the first trip out here in a long time during which he didn't get tattooed.
Remember this in January, and this in October?
He lives in NYC, but MPLS is his second home, for sure.
I spent the week trying to get back on my feet from the guest spot, and didn't have any extra in me.
But he'll be out here again soon enough, helping us with our computers and telling us about far away places.
Iceland? Japan? Russia?
He's been there, and has the story.

I did my taxes after returning from the airport.
Congrats to me, for sure.
Being an independent contractor has it's perks, but when tax time rolls around, I get crushed under the weight of poor planning and irresponsible budgeting.
Throw the new house into the equation, and it's a numerical nightmare.

But that's now the past now, so my future is looking way better.
Tomorrow there's no taxes to do, just Naked Monday.
Kyle Mack tells me that attendance is down, and it might not last too much longer.
So if you're in MPLS, and want to sharpen those drawing skills, meet us at Articulture on Franklin at a little before 7pm.