When time throws you a punch son, you've got it take it on the chin

Today was so stuffed full,
I didn't even need to eat.
Toast and Dr Pepper saw me safely through to an 11pm solo dinner party.
I mean, it was a lot of soda.
So many calories, I could probably not eat tomorrow as well, but it's Seward Cafe day, and then Camden is having us all over for supper.

A William Elliot Whitmore cd arrived in the mail, courtesy of Julie.
That's one of his lines up there, titling this post.
If you come to Identity Tattoo on the 13th, I'm guessing you'll get to hear a song or two.

I kicked off today transporting heavy furniture 2 car door style.
Thankfully, Casey did some secret girl scout knots and secured it all plenty.



I tattooed my face off today, and didn't finish anything.
Time threw some punches.
So did brutal neck swelling and bleeding.
(Not mine, thankfully)

I worked on this side piece for a solid four hours, and she would have kept going had I not had another appointment coming in.
I underestimated her heavily.
Next time I'll book her a full day.
Tough as nails.


Then Ben came in to get this Antlered Owl throat piece.
He's the one with the swelly neck.
And even though I put in 5 hours of breakneck stabbing action, and stayed to a homewreakingly late hour (kidding), we still have a decent more to do on it.
But holy crap.
It's not only an antlered bird,
acorns, leaves, and banners free of words;
it's also two separate cover-ups.
And other than the collar bone area,
he didn't seem to mind much.



I saw an owl or a hawk while driving on 169 North today.
It flew right over the car, and for some reason I focused on the rodent it had in it's talons instead of what kind of big ass bird it was.
But as crazy as that was, it didn't beat the day before,
when on the same highway,
I had to avoid a head on collision with another car.
It wasn't me driving the wrong way down the highway,
but it really shakes you up for a second,
and makes you wonder if you're the a-hole.

Stay on your side of the freeways,
and don't forget to change your clocks, kids.
I lost an hour while typing this up,
and I'm not that slow.